I want to contribute to support the production of Greg Palast's new movie The Best Democracy
Money Can Buy:
A Tale of
Billionaires & Ballot Bandits
Help us fund our investigation of 'their' vote-swiping schemes and the Sugar-Daddies who fund them BEFORE the 2016 Election.
● Select the $100 or more option and get a Screen Credit as a Supporter, the signed DVD once the film has wrapped PLUS, right away, a signed copy of Greg Palast's NYT bestseller Billionaires & Ballot Bandits on which the movie is based.
● Select the $50 option and get the signed DVD once the film has been completed
● Make a No Gift Donation, small or ginormous, they are all immensely appreciated!
● Get a Producer Screen Credit for a donation of $1,000 or more
● Get a co-Producer Screen Credit for a donation of $500 or more
● If you prefer, you can mail a check
We’re in the home stretch of our two-year project, digging deep into the billionaires behind the vote-swiping scourge.
We have continued the investigation of the now 10 methods of swindling Americans out of a fair ballot count — from faux-felon purges to alien-voter hunts to trashing absentee ballots — we also followed the money: tracked down the billionaires, from the four Koch Bros (yes, there are FOUR), to the finance vultures, market manipulators and other billionaire boils on the body politic.
We have filmed in Kansas, Ohio, Alabama, the Hamptons, Georgia, North Carolina and we’re almost done.
Watch this clip of Lynda Lowery
, one of the original Selma bridge marchers who was beaten when she was only 14 years old.
But we can’t do it without YOU. Making a feature movie is not cheap. Editors, camera guys, sound crew, equipment, flights to location and so much more, none of it is free.
We are looking for intrepid helpers. We have the files, the whistleblowers, the secret tape recordings and most of the footage filmed — but we've got a ways to go before our release in 2016.
We're beginning with all that good stuff we uncovered and reported in my New York Times bestseller Billionaires & Ballot Bandits.
You've already read our investigative scoops on Al Jazeera, in Rolling Stone, the Nation and the Guardian by myself and my co-author Bobby Kennedy Jr. and my penman extraordinaire, Ted Rall.
But we need an angel — IN OTHER WORDS, YOU.
The donation is tax-deductible because our work is nonpartisan and, lord knows, not- for-profit.
If you don't want to sing, "Hail to the Thief" at the next inauguration, make your donation now.